Reference ID: Youthwork 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £19,389 /year Pro rata
Start Date: 1 st December 2020 End Date: 31 st March 2020 (initial 4 months) extension subject to funding
Submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE 16th NOVEMBER 2020 FOLLOWED BY INTERVIEWS ON 23rd NOVEMBER 2020.
SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED ON THE 17TH OF NOVEMBER 2020 AND ARE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEWS ON THE 23RD 2020
Experience At least 2 years’ experience in recent paid or voluntary experience which has enabled you to acquire the knowledge and understanding of working with young people, issues facing young people, administrative work, report writing, project related initiatives and financial management. Managing staff and programmes. One year’s experience, working with young people from a cross community /Ethnic background in a paid or voluntary capacity.
Qualifications Degree in Community Youth Studies or equivalent.
Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations. Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization. Knowledge of issues affecting young people from BME backgrounds.
Knowledge of human resources management.
Knowledge of financial management.
Knowledge of project management.
Proficiency in the use of computers for: Microsoft office, E-mail & Internet.
To develop and deliver high quality work with young people aged 11 – 25 years through an agreed programme of work that facilitates their participation in current issues and decision making by creating opportunities for their personal, social and educational development. The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of key aspects of the project, the management of appropriate staff/volunteers and the implementation of organisational policies.
* Develop purposeful relationships with individuals and groups of young people aged 11 – 25 years that support them with the planning, and development of their interests and responds to individual needs and the 5 Outcomes of Every Child Matters.
* To work directly with young people to develop their social education by providing programmes of activities, related to the ‘Model for Effective Practice’.
* To plan; deliver and evaluate the youth work programme, ensuring young people, project staff and volunteers are supported to contribute their views.
* In conjunction with the Project Assistant, Youth Assistant, and Volunteers contribute to the completion of Management Information documents.
* Communicate effectively and develop a rapport with young people. Ensuring that young people play an active role in the youth programmes and work towards a model of youth participation.
* Develop relationships with the wider community and external agencies.
* Support young people to express and realise their goals.
* Support young people to work effectively in groups and challenge oppressive behaviour in young people.
* Plan, Deliver and Provide information and support to young people.
* Encourage young people to broaden their horizons and be active citizens.
* Support young people in evaluating youth work activities and the impact of youth work on their development.
* Support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge and in taking action to address key issues in their lives.
* Implement the organisations Child Protection Policy and work with young people to safeguard their welfare and the welfare of others.
* Carry out administrative duties within the project, under the direction of the Line Manager.
* In consultation with the line manager make a positive contribution to the continuous improvement and overall development of the service including regular attendance to the briefing prior to the session starting and other service meetings and conferences.
* To carry out such duties, as may be assigned by the Director of Programmes, within the level of the post.
* To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
* Implement NWMF Policies and Procedures.
* In conjunction with the line manager and projects assistant contribute to the administration and financial duties of the project.
* Take a shared responsibility for the care of premises, resources and equipment throughout the project
* It will be necessary to work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with NWMF policies.
* To co-operate with NWMF staff in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post
* To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
* To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
* Regularly monitor and review the quality of youth work provided throughout the project.
* Work in partnership with professionals from other organisations that support young people.
* Attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding, health and safety and local policy developments.
* Identify and pursue sources of funding for projects to improve services and/or resources for young people;
Participate in regular supervision.
Attend all mandatory training.
Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols.
Pay regard to materials and equipment.
Carry out duties with due regard to the Equal Opportunity Policy.
Seek advice and support from the Project Team whenever necessary.
APPLICATION DEADLINE 16TH NOVEMBER 2020 FOLLOWED BY INTERVIEWS ON THE 23RD NOVEMBER 2020.
SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED ON THE 17TH NOVEMBER 2020 AND ARE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEWS ON THE 23 RD NOVEMBER 2020
Submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com