The North West Migrants Forum is recruiting a temporary Media and Communications Officer. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 7 months with possible further extension for 3 years.
To provide a high level of organisational communications and marketing support to ensure that the Organisation is able to reach the highest possible standards in all aspects of organisations communication plan.
The post will require the holder to:
Contribute to the development of the media strategy, using specialist communications knowledge acquired through professional development and experience, by developing and maintaining up to date communications and media plans to ensure a constant flow of quality messages on key issues that impacts on racialised minoritized people in the North West.
• Support the day-to-day management of social media platforms and provide advice and guidance to the wider staff team around social media management.
• To lead in the communications planning of organisation events.
• To advise and support senior staff in the drafting of press releases and statements, using specialist knowledge of Racial equality matters while adhering to agreed good practice and policy.
• To undertake lead responsibility for providing all staff with a daily briefing on issues of current importance in the press and broadcasting media.
Education: A Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subject such as journalism or communications.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience working in a marketing or communications role.
• Experience of media handling and good knowledge of news environment and current affairs.
• Experience of creating and delivering PR plans.
• Strong social media skills, comfortable with creating content for multiple channels.
• Experience of developing and delivering internal communications – bulletins, events, newsletters, online forums, etc.
• Experience of digital communications, including web development.
• Experience of using social media such as Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok.
Evidence of excellent, written communication skills.
Salary £34,827 Gross per annum
An excellent opportunity to join a well-established Community Organisation in the North West region of N. Ireland.
For further information on this vacancy, please apply via the document applications below.
About The North West Migrants Forum
North West Migrants Forum (NWMF) is a registered charity (NIC107318) founded in 2012 `to contribute to the development of a peaceful, diverse, prosperous & participative society based on principles of Human Rights, Equality and Justice.
NWMF vision reflects that of both the Racial Equality Strategy (RES) and Together Building a United Community (TBUC). We work openly and accountably and in collaboration with others to achieve our vision. All NWMF work is evidence-based and planned to achieve identified outcomes linked to achieving the organisational aims.
The range of services provided under the Forum’s umbrella is wide and includes all of the following: advice and orientation services; capacity, self-confidence and skills development; the promotion of integration and participation of black and racialised minoritized communities, while challenging racism, prejudice and hate crimes; youth engagement programmes; specific services for people seeking safety and those granted international protection ; emergency cash support, the promotion and celebration of cultural diversity.
We recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to the security of your new position.
All applications and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org