Notice is hereby given that the 4th Annual General Meeting of the North West Migrants Forum (NWMF) will be held on Saturday the 30th of September 2017, 11am to 1pm, at REACH ACROSS OFFICES – 21-22 The Diamond, Londonderry, BT48 6HP
- Election of members to serve on the Committee
- The appointment of an independent person to examine the annual accounts
3.To receive and consider the Financial Report and the Reports of the directors and the Auditor for the financial year ended 31 March 2017
- Approval of the Communities United Promoting Inclusion and Diversity Project Plan
The following NWMF activities will continue to be part of the regular business of the organisation. All NWMF activities will strive to meet the 7 shared aims of the Racial Equality Strategy. To access the Racial Equality Strategy, copy and paste this link to your URL: https://www.ofmdfmni.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/ofmdfm/racial-equality-strategy-2015-2025.pdf
Activities will include;
- Continue to provide information and practical integration support to clients;
- Continue to develop personal development programmes for all members;
iii. Develop and implement initiatives that promote participation and inclusion of BME members;
iv Develop activities that increases partnership working with other groups and actors in the field of community relations;
- Attend events and consultation meetings to increase representation of BME members
- Continue to raise awareness on issues impacting negatively on BME members and promote social inclusion and good relations in the NW;
vii. Continue to develop and implement events that promote the celebration of cultural diversity
Viii. Continue to develop and implement activities that work toward elimination or racism and hate crimes
Continue to create training opportunities for BME members to build capacity in community development, increase knowledge and skills that would enable them to competently contribute to the implementation of the Racial Equality Strategy shared aims.
Please submit any questions that you would like the management to respond to at the meeting by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th September 2017. The management will respond to as many questions as possible at the meeting. Please note that individual responses will not be sent.
If you wish to nominate/ express your interest to be elected to the NWMF committee, please use the Trustees nomination form and/or Committee expression of interest Form and Registration-form-NWMF-doc: which can be accessed by clicking the highlighted links, alternatively email us at email@example.com to request a copy to be emailed to you.
Deadline for Nomination of Committee members is 25th September 2017
By order of the Board.
Secretary of the Board.