We wish you all, health and happiness in the new year and we hope 2021 is a great year for you all! Last year brought to us many challenges, however with your help and support we adapted and delivered projects in a new way, as keeping you all safe was our priority. This year we are delighted to be using these new methods to provide a blended approach to ensure our programs can be delivered throughout the Covid:19 pandemic, ensuring that all government guidelines are adhered to. It is evident that BME voices, women, men, young people are largely absent from civic and public spaces, so this year we are calling on you to Choose to Challenge! We are extremely excited to kick off 2021 by launching our first ever series of “Choose to Challenge” Programmes. Throughout February & March 2021, we hope to celebrate international women day with a series of exclusive events themed “Choose to Challenge- Reclaiming our voices in civic & public spaces ”. For many years women have faced inequalities and gender injustices within society, this is particularly true for those from BME communities. We believe it is time for women to come together to have their voices heard and challenge the inequalities that they face. It is extremely important that these conversations are had to ensure change is made in both civic and public spaces.
Join us as we explore:
Women’s Participation and Transformative Leadership;
· Valuing BME women voices in leadership- on Saturday 6th February (online event).
· Gender Mainstreaming; Reclaiming BME voices in NI history -on Saturday 20th February ( online event).
· Gender justice and BME women’s rights on 27th February (online event)
· Choose to challenge- BME women Call to Action on Saturday 6th March (online event)
· Choose to challenge by registering your attendance via the link below:
Check Out our video below . . .